Friday, March 30, 2007

It's not that I lack focus. Honestly. It's just that I can't seem to direct where that focus will go.

The checkerboard blocks are still not set together (who cares, they're not going anywhere without me) but I did get a tad distracted by Mary's finished quilt on this post.

These are not colours that I really use, but I somehow seem to have ended up with a lot of brightish blue and green scraps given to me by other people. So when I saw her gorgeous quilt I thought "That's what I'll do! I'll make one just like that!"

So out came the scraps and I started cutting, and cutting and cutting. First I was only going to make 12 blocks, then I had so much left over that I increased it to 20. and now there are still blue and green scraps and I keep finding more. When can you ever get rid of ALL of a certain kind of fabric? I don't know. But I can try to think of some sort of pieced backing, or keep making this bigger, or make two quilts. I'm determined to get rid of these things, and yet I don't seem to be coming to the end of them. Sigh.

I do adore turning a jumble of bits into these neat stacks though. This pattern is very simple and went together so quickly that I think I might make it in other colours too. Great for using up fabric in a hurry.

And I love looking at my bin and seeing all this tangle of snibbles and knowing that it represents the very end of heaps of bits and pieces that have been hanging around for ages, finally cut and bound for a project. Finis.

The blocks aren't sewn together yet, but that won't take long. I'm off to Adelaide to see my boys for their birthdays (23 and 25), so it will be next week before I get this in one piece. And then my focus can flicker off to yet another project, but I don't dare predict what that will be, I've been such a creature of impulse lately!






5 comments:

Alisa March 30, 2007  

I love it - nice work!

YankeeQuilter March 31, 2007  

i love those colors! Isn't it fun when the whole looks better than the parts. Have a gun trip. You can always focus later...

Fiona March 31, 2007  

Sometimes you just need to whip something up - you did a great job with this one - simple but effective.

Mary Johnson March 31, 2007  

It is a nice pattern isn't it?? I also used it for some leftover red/purple strips but the two quilts came out completely different!

Dupa Jasia April 01, 2007  

Having carefully perused the column of Houses to http://dupa.pl let, and the column of Dogs lost, and then the columns of Wives and apprentices runaway, I attacked with great resolution the editorial matter, and reading it from beginning to end without understanding a syllable, conceived the possibility of its being Chinese, and so re-read it from the end to the beginning, but with no more satisfactory result.. Like so many other young women, she was by http://fdas.pl no means happy when she became pregnant, and admitted to me more than once the wish that her child might die before its birth; in a fit of anger following a violent scene with her husband she had even struck her abdomen with her fists in order to hit the child within.. Thus I arrive at the conception of the dream distortion as the deed of the dream work, and of displacement serving to http://onet.pl disguise this object.. S'posen you speak to her 'bout it. . My rusty Sanskrit, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, French, Italian, Spanish, German and English began to take polish.. If you will oblige me by the loan of an umbrella, I will go myself.. I--I don't know where Mr. . What are the Van Kamps paying you for those three rooms? he asked.. But as the years gathered in behind him he put off most of the frivolities of youth and held now only to the one of driving a fast horse.. And, elder, don't you forgit them caliker scraps, or you'll be wantin' kiver soon an' no kiver will be a-comin'...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP