Thursday, April 13, 2006













We've been shopping for some things for the house, and the spare bedroom looks like this now........

The bolt of curtain fabric will end up as curtains and table covers and perhaps cushions for a comfy chair. This will be the guest room for my brother and sister-in-law when they come to visit and SIL did a good job of choosing things without having seen the room first. (They live in Western Australia)

Check out the fireplace in their room, very nice!

Here's an old Weathervanequilt I made out of dressmaking scraps, many years ago. Some

of the fabrics are very unsuitable, seersucker, twills and even some rayon. Nevertheless, it's stood up to repeated washings and is still my favourite quilt to have on my bed, because it's so soft and cuddly.

I'm also lovin' my stripey socks, perfect therapy for a too-busy mind. I don't have time to sew at the moment, but I can pick up my needles and do a few more rows here and there. It has a very calming effect on me at the moment.

5 comments:

keryn April 14, 2006  

Where did you get that wool? It's gorgeous. gotta get me some of that.

Love the spare room, very sophisticated

Lucy April 15, 2006  

Ohh The weathervane is a beauty I love it :c)

Quiltgranny April 17, 2006  

Love the weathervane, too!

Anonymous,  April 18, 2006  

That fireplace is just gorgeous - wish we had one in our house! Have you seen the new variegated socks wool that knits up automatically into a fairisle pattern? I'm thinking of getting some - it looks fantastic. It's fun to dabble in knitting every now and then :-)

Quilts And Pieces April 20, 2006  

Oh that fireplace is to die for! And I love the weathervane quilt. That is one of my all time favorite blocks.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP