Monday, January 23, 2006

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.....

I'm sick of summer and it's only half over - 45 degree (C)weather will try anybody's temper. It's certainly not good sewing weather but today was cooler so I got the 4-patch blocks all put together. Now the headache will be deciding on some borders for this, but I'll do a Scarlett O'Hara and think about that tomorrow.

I was going through some drawers and found a set of Chinese Coins strips that I'd made from Kathleen's scraps, I'd forgotten about them. I also pulled out a giant stack of 8-point stars that I hand-pieced last year when we were moving. My sewing room was disrupted for months so I cut squillions of diamonds, squares and triangles and stitched as one hypnotised for months. I never thought what I was going to do with them , nor did I bother to count them until today. I kept finding more and more, some with dark backgrounds, some with blue,pink, most with light.The star points were scraps of reproduction fabrics. Have you ever wondered what 177 8-point stars look like?

Like this. I don't know how many quilts I'll make out of
this lot, but it will be at least five. Do I WANT five 8-point star quilts? Too late now. But I had such fun sewing these every night, and I can do the most beautiful tight little centres, every single time. Practice really does make perfect!
I handsew every night for about three hours while I'm watching telly.The hardest part is having the pieces all cut out and ready to go, I run out of prepared shapes more often than not. Gotta keep those hands busy...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP